- Make sure your desktop machine meets the minimum system requirement. See this article for details: Requirements to Run a Publisher Node.
- Open the required ports in your firewall or router. See this article for details: Requirements to Run a Publisher Node.
- Download and unzip the Publisher software from this page: http://publisher.omnibazaar.com. Installers are available for Windows 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux and MacOS.
- Navigate to the folder containing the unzipped software package.
- In Windows, double-click the "install.bat" file. For Linux or MacOS, open a terminal and execute the "install.sh" file (for example, ./install.sh). You will need to provide the Administrator/SuperUser password.
- When requested, provide
As a Publisher you receive OmniCoins for each new user listing that other users publish on your server. But, you must keep your server continuously running and connected to the Internet, so that those listings are available.
The ZIP files on this page install a database and web server on your computer. Install the software by running the "install" script located in the main folder. Please read the README.txt file for details.
You will need at least a dual-core processor and 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended). You must also have either a static IP address or a DNS redirect service such as DynDNS or NoIP.